As a BoKlok home owner, if you introduce a friend or family member, who goes on to purchase one of our new homes, we’ll say a very special thank you to you both!
Help to Buy
The Government backed Help to Buy scheme is available across many of our private sale homes.
With the Help to Buy scheme you can own 100% of your home with just a 5% deposit and 75% mortgage. The Government provides the remaining 20%, as an interest-free loan for the first five years.
This means you own 100% of your home and you can take advantage of lower mortgage repayments.
Secure a new home with Help to Buy and you could benefit from:
- A smaller deposit requirement (minimum of 5%)
- A Government backed, interest free loan (for the first five years)
- Access to cheaper mortgage rates
Help to Buy: The Facts & Figures
- With Help to Buy you'll need a minimum 5% deposit
- The Government will loan you up to 20% of the value of a property in the form of an equity loan. The equity loan is for a maximum of 25 years, or before if the property is sold or the mortgage is redeemed, whichever term is the shorter of the two
- You need to secure up to a 75% mortgage from a bank or building society
- You won't be charged loan fees on the Government loan for the first five years of owning your home. From year six, the interest rate will rise in April each year based on the rate of inflation at the time (according to the Consumer Price Index), plus 2%
- Equity loans are available to first time buyers only (as of April 2021)
From April 2021, the scheme is only open to first time buyers.
The scheme covers applicable new build properties, and the values are capped per region.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions apply. Minimum 5% deposit subject to lender’s requirements and eligibility. New home buyers wishing to take advantage of the Help to Buy scheme will need to qualify with a mortgage lender in the usual way and be subject to the lender’s normal assessment criteria. The Help to Buy equity loan is subject to status. Help to Buy conditions apply and applications are subject to scheme approval. Your home is at risk if you do not keep up mortgage repayments or any other debts secured on your home.